April - 06

Hadith of the Day
Hadith: Abu Sa'id Radiyallahu 'anhu narrates that Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam, while entering his Masjid saw some persons laughing in a manner that their teeth were visible. He said: Behold! If you frequently remember the destroyer of pleasures, that is, death, it will distract you from what I am seeing (your excessive laughing). So remember frequently the destroyer of pleasures, that is, death. For verily, not a day passes upon the grave but that it cries out saying: I am the house of exile; and I am the house of loneliness; and I am the house of dust; and I am the house of worms. When a believing slave of Allah is buried, the grave says to him: You are most welcome! Indeed, you were the most beloved to me of all those who used to walk upon me. So now, when you have been placed in my charge and you have been brought to me, you will see my excellent treatment. Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam then said: So thegrave expands for. him as far as the eye can see; and a door of Paradise is opened for him. And when an immoral slave of Allah or an unbeliever is buried; the grave says to him: You are most unwelcome! Indeed you were the most despised by me of all those who used to walk upon me. So today, as you have been placed in my charge, and you have been brought to me, you will soon see my treatment towards you. Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam said: The grave then closes on him until its one side meets the other, and his ribs get intermingled; Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam then (illustrating) placed the fingers (of one hand) between the fingers (of the other hand). He added: Allah sends upon him seventy serpents; if one of them were to breathe upon the earth, it would not produce any crops as long as the world remained; they will go on biting and lacerating him until he is brought forth for his Account on the Day of Resurrection. Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam said: The grave is either a garden from among the gardens of Paradise or a pit from among the pits of Hell. (Tirmidhi: 2460)
Share on: Email | Telegram | WhatsApp

0 comments:

Post a Comment